THE UNDERGROUND AGENCY PLAYBOOK
THE UNDERGROUND AGENCY MASTERMIND
One of the most looked over and passed up marketing tools that is working now better than ever is Direct Mail Quoting. (It’s back baby!)
Why is it working better now than ever…?
This cartoon sums it up perfectly…
However if you do not use Direct Mail the correct way, it will be one of thebiggest wastes of money you can spend.
So what is the right way to use Direct Mail and get 20% of customers calling YOU…?
There are THREE Main Components to the Perfect Direct Mail Piece
1. Strive for a 100% open rate
- Seems like common sense, but if it’s not opened, it’s not read. So when sending out a piece of mail, if it looks like junk mail and smells like junk mail…it’s probably junk mail!
TIP: Using colored envelopes, hand writing for addressing and a little sloppiness…can go a long way.
2. Pack it FULL of “stuff”
- A one or two page letter with some numbers and pricing on it isBORING…so when they do open your amazing envelope, they are greatly disappointed with the inside contents.
TIP: I always make sure to have a “sales letter”, an education piece (this shows a prospect you are the expert) and a “grabber”…which can be anything from a postcard to a brochure that little falls out so they have to…yep…GRAB it!
3. MUST have a CTA (Call To Action)
- So your awesome gold glittered envelop that is stuffed with everything but the kitchen sink has gotten opened and read…now what? If the sales letter or anything hasn’t actually instructed the customer on what to do next…NOTHING might happen at all.
TIP: So make sure to give CLEAR instructions on where they can call, go online, mail or email back!
Biggest takeaway: What I teach all my clients is that when you are sending out a direct mail sales piece, you are having a sales conversationwith some that you can’t see or talk to.
That’s why a simple white envelope with a quote for insurance in it is boring.
Think about that conversation face to face:
“Hi Mr. Customer, I’m Joe Davis with (BLANK) insurance and your auto insurance is $467/ every six months.”
Not very personal, is it…?
So make sure you have great sales letters and awesome direct mail process that most agents are COMPLETLEY missing the boat on!
If you would like to learn more about how we do our direct mail process feel free to check out our Blueprint today!